Tuesday, May 5, 2009

new poetry by poetree

hey yall

i have been writing some new poetry with a bit of a new style. a lot of it has come with the coming of spring and my growing tension with being in a city.

here is the first.

a moment to be still
while the world around
still rushes past each
other.
I pause to rest on a bench
to hear the robin's song
still audible over the
constant hum of I-35.
I look up to notice budding
new leaves on the trees
and contemplate if this
is the state of my heart.
As the sun warms my face
it strikes me how
short this life truly is.
We spend the majority of
it longing for another age
then regretting all we missed.
Why not rather enjoy each
breath?
Why not live a day at a time?
Inhale. Exhale. Life. Live. Today.

2 comments:

  1. brother this is beautiful. can i use it for my upcoming sermon "Reminded by the Scenes"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, please do use it brother. it was great to talk with you the other day. Peace be with you in Christ

    tim

    ReplyDelete