Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pottery Studio and Poetree Book




Pottery Studio



Well, after months of waiting and construction our front porch pottery studio is 'finished.' Truthfully, we have trimming, painting and other things to finish but it is done enough. This week we went to Continental Clay and purchased a Skutt Prodigy wheel and lots of accessories. Wednesday night we had a little house party where everyone got to throw something in the new studio on the new wheel!






We have a small kiln that we hope to get installed and firing in the new year. Needless to say we are very excited for the possibilities. I am excited to see what kind of rhythm happens with family, work and pottery. The next month I am working a lot because of the holidays but hopefully in January-March I will have lots of time to throw.






Poetree Book


As previously mentioned, I am writing a poem every day for the month of November. This, November Project, has been a great creative challenge for me. The other night, with assistance from Tanner, I began work on the online book that November Project is becoming. In early December I will post a link on here to the website where you can flip through the book. Not too be arrogant, but it is really awesome! I hope you like it; I think you will. Stay tuned!!!
Here is another sneak preview of the book.
XVI.
Dust, sweep, clean
As I prepare
A place for creativity
May you prepare
A place for re-creation
Within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment